ZilSwitcher mining controller - Use any other miner alongside ZIL on Windows

Hi!

I created ZilSwitcher to allow for mining any other coin alongside ZIL when not in PoW phase. It doesn’t contain a miner, it’s just a controller, so you’ll still need to supply your own ZIL node, ZILMiner, and a secondary miner of your choice.

No node required if your ZilMiner batch file points to a pool.

There’s no devfee, but feel free to donate if you like it.

UPDATE 05-Feb-2019:

All fixed up, new, improved, and way more shiny than before.

1. Better PoW window detection so you don’t spend too much time waiting on ZIL to get to that magical new epoch, and less time waiting while the network creates the new DS block.
  2. Miner output display enabled by default. Not all miners will pass their output to ZilMiner, and some will look display a bit odd. Miner output passthrough can be disabled. Check the README file.
  3. More and better status messages to let you know what ZilSwitcher is doing.
  4. A spinning cursor was added so you can tell ZilSwitcher is still running fine.

Download the latest here: https://github.com/DanSoQt/ZilSwitcher

does it work under linux too?

Update:

With the release of mainnnet, it looks like the method ZilSwitcher uses to predict the next PoW cycle is inaccurate. I’ll update the switcher when I have the time, hopefully soon.

In the meantime, try the zelminer’s built-in switching and see if that works for you.

I’ll also see about verifying linux functionality on my next dev sprint. At the moment, it won’t work correctly on linux.

W00table. Just use block number and scrape for blocks ending in 99.

waitin for it :slight_smile: Thanks!

UPDATE:

All fixed up, new, improved, and way more shiny than before.

1. Better PoW window detection so you don’t spend too much time waiting on ZIL to get to that magical new epoch, and less time waiting while the network creates the new DS block.
  2. Miner output display enabled by default. Not all miners will pass their output to ZilMiner, and some will look display a bit odd. Miner output passthrough can be disabled. Check the README file.
  3. More and better status messages to let you know what ZilSwitcher is doing.
  4. A spinning cursor was added so you can tell ZilSwitcher is still running fine.

Download the latest here: https://github.com/DanSoQt/ZilSwitcher

I know for a fact my miner, mines on 100th of each, 7399, 7499, 7599 and so on.
Will the switcher be able to connect to mine on those, or should customize any settings to catch those?