Why critical information is skipped from you infrastructure?

For each transaction hash included in the final block
header, the node checks whether its corresponding
transaction content is available. If the corresponding
transaction was proposed by the shard to which the node
belongs, then the hash of the transaction data is compared
with the hash contained in the final block header.
If the transaction was proposed by another shard, the
transaction data is shared asynchronously across shards.

If the transaction was proposed by another shard, the transaction data is shared asynchronously across shards

A lot of critical information is hidden from this unclear sentence.How the transaction data shared asynchronously across shards withought compromising the overall security and how your preserve the eventual atomicity???

PS i would be grateful if i have the opportunity to further discuss with someone from your team privately in gitter chat some of my concerns thnx in advance.

Yeah but no… i dont think anyone will help you here. Its just the way it is - they ignore inconvenient questions.

Sorry that it took this long. Haven’t checked in in awhile.

We are not doing state sharding yet.

At the end of every transaction epoch, the DS committee first consolidate the micro-blocks to form a final state delta. The final block and state delta will then be broadcasted to all shards, resulting in eventual atomicity.

Regarding your question about transaction proposed by another shard, it is not possible in this case as transactions have to first pass by seed nodes. The seed nodes will then forward the transactions to the lookup nodes which will eventually assign the transaction to the correct shard for validation.

Hope this helps.

1 Like