Ryzen 5 2600/RX-580 for Mining?

Hi All!

I am looking to build a single GPU PC to get my feet wet mining ZIL. The hardware specs state CPU is an Intel i5 or better. I’d prefer to use an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 that I have laying around along with an RX-580 graphics card with the idea of building a 6 GPU rig down the road using the same CPU/GPU combination if things work out with this single GPU “rig”.

My question is must I use an Intel CPU, or is an equivalent AMD CPU ok to use?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Amd is fine, but one gpu wont likely get through the pow phase for long. Could be as little as days. Now is your chance to get in!

1 Like

Going take your advice and build out a rig. Just 2 RX-580’s to start, then I will add 4 more if I can get it up and running. I have a little bit of experience mining XMR and ETH on a desktop PC, but mining ZIL seems pretty complex compared to what I have experience with so before I get in over my head I want to see if I can just get this running. I have basically no knowledge of running a Linux OS and have very little experience using a command line. Hoping I can figure this out. Worst case I build a couple gaming PC’s from the parts and unload them on Facebook Marketplace…lol

Thanks for your reply and input!

0 Likes

archived #4
0 Likes