How to build a zilliqa mine pool ?

Is there an official build guide for pool?

No there isn’t. Pooling is not recommended in Zilliqa as it does not work the same way as PoW-based blockchains.
For mining in Testnet v3.0, do refer to https://github.com/Zilliqa/Zilliqa/wiki/Mining

Worth mentioning regarding to why mining pools are not recommended is, that they are not needed. This is why: In common blockchains (e.g. ethereum) only the very first one who solved the PoW puzzle earns all the reward. In a multi-thousand nodes network this results in a pitty situation, miners participating with quite low mining power (e.g. “only” one GPU used) are expected to get the reward only e.g. once a year in average, what is not that satisfying for the miner. This is why small miners are grouping into mining pools.

In Zilliqa instead, the first 2/3 valid block committers receive rewards. No matter how much the network grows, a major part of the validators will receive rewards. Up to my honest understanding, this will eliminate the need for mining pools.

I just mentioned i did not answer your question: “How to build a mining pool?”. If you still are willing to build a mining pool, feel free to provide some ideas how to do that or why you think this might be meaningful. Cheers!

Hi guys,

Should we discuss this demo pool here or make a new thread?

There’s an option to join the pool as miner and as node and I’m wondering…

What would be more profitable;

• Join the pool with 2 separate miners?
  • Join as a node with the 2 miners connected to 1 client?
  • Mine solo with the 2 miners connected to a pBFT client.

Isn’t option 2 and 3 the same? If you can join as a solo miner, there is no point in joining a pool.

So why would they offer the option to join as node, join as cpu node without gpu?

Guess my assumption is right then, most profitable will be to do it solo with miners connected to own pBFT client/node?

I think that is to reduce the variance in rewards. More nodes means more stable payment when averaging out. A single node on the other hand may not always win the 2/3 signing competition, hence payment for a single node is not as stable.